Youssou N'Dour & the Super Etoile de Dakar in HK

So that was an exhilarating experience to see/hear Youssou N'Dour at the Hong Kong Cultural Centre last night. He was with his band "the Super Etoile de Dakar". Fantastic band!, and they even have a male dancer with them who was dancing wildly.
Youssou N'dour is probably Africa's most popular musician. How I wish the Philippines would bring or host such event here, with such performers but then again not many Filipinos would appreciate African music like they appreciate American Pop music.

I'm in Cafe O again with Jac, I'd say this would be a usual place for us, cos the Wi-fi access here is just handy and very convenient. I just met another interesting Aussie bloke that Jac befriended with, he's name is Mark Aldred - this guy is super skilled - he's a photojournalist/writer/musician/, and he's also one of the people behind a new magazine called "Brink". Jac asked him what advice he can give me in regards to working in the music field, and the next thing I heard was he's asking me to write the music review for the magazine, so I'm like "wow, that would be great!"

So I decided to write about my current favourite local band, Up Dharma Down, as I love their debut album: Fragmented, and seen them performed live, twice now in Manila.

They were performing last night at The Fringe Club, as part of the HK Live;
I didn't get to see them, cos I arrived today and I've told a few people to come and see them, and Jac is one of them but he's not well enough to go nor Mark who was suppose to review their gig.

Oh well, that's the way it is.

FYI: Cafe O Central - 2 Arbuthnot Road Ph: 2868 0450
Serving Salads/Pizzas/Pastas/Wraps/Juices/Smoothies/Cocktails/Wines

Youssou's pic is courtesy of BBC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Grief

Terno Inferno @Cafe SaGuijo

Paula Cole - Greatest Hits: Postcards from East Oceanside