Jeff Buckley, U2 and Bic Runga DVD-thon

I managed to watch some DVDs tonight.. and most of them are music-related, as the title already mentioned.

I have this legacy edition of Jeff Buckley's amazing CD "Grace", and since I bought it I haven't had the chance to watch the accompanied DVD, so I watched most of it, I didn't watch the making of Grace yet, what I watched were the videos for the Grace songs like: Grace, Last Goodbye, So Real, and the beautifully put together "Forget Her" video. He was so great.. It would have been more great if Jeff had lived to see the success of his album, and it would have meant a lot to him to know that he was going to become an inspiration tot he next generation. Grace is indeed full of beauty and yearning! And it's indeed a great gift to leave behind.. Cheers to you Jeff, wherever you are man!



So after watching the Jeff Buckley, I look for another music DVD, and I found U2's How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb bonus DVD, which have some studio performances - it's amazing to see the energy behind this band, and their love for their music.. No wonder they're biggest rock band in the world!!


And I completed my music DVD-thon, with Bic Runga's Birds Special Edition CD/DVD - which included her live performances at the Auckland Civic Centre last November 2005. I love this girl, since she came out with her debut album "Drive", which featured that American Pie film so-called theme song "Sway".
Anyway, she performed five songs from her "Birds" album - and it was fantastic, such a smooth performance! The DVD also included two of her "Birds" music videos: Winning Arrow & Say After Me!

How I wish I could see all of these performers, in concert?! (well, except of course for Jeff!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Grief

Terno Inferno @Cafe SaGuijo

Paula Cole - Greatest Hits: Postcards from East Oceanside